Tuesday 3 May 2011

Nude Babies

Being the cheapskate that I am, I got my hands on a preowned set of Professional Copics 72A. Again, being a complete cheapskate, I refused to supplement that set with more skin tone colors, using only the YR00 (powder pink) and R02 (flesh). Wasn't long before I realized that all my doodles started to look similar. Off to Bras Basah it was and I had made up 3 rules:

-Do not use any cards (credit or debit)
-Buy only 3 new skin colors and only 1 refill
-Do not look at anything else

I left the store $50 poorer and 5 colors richer.


Decided on sketch markers this time round since they have a brush tip, unlike the professional kind. Cost me $6 a pop. The killer was a brand new 50 sheet A4 copic pad at $17.

Eager to test out the colors, I randomly doodled a person with plenty of skin:

(Wait a minute... I think I saw something like this somewhere before....)

Thanks ah, my useless subconscious.

No comments:

Post a Comment