Saturday 30 April 2011

[ost] Dragon Age II

Ahh... Dragon Age. I could go on for days talking about this game (awesome doesn't do it justice), but I will refrain, seeing as I titled it under OST. Muahaha. But this is the track that caught my attention.

Leliana's Song from Leliana's Song DLC.

Intrigued, I went on a google and wikipedia spree. The composer, Inon Zur, has composed for over 40 games, and was the man behind the music for over 360 Power Rangers episodes. (Not that I watched Power Rangers. As a kid, I never understood why heroes always wear ridiculous looking costumes.)

Sorry, I digressed. Back to music. Pieces that I particularly loved were the one above, The Endless Wave of Hurlocks, Battle the Blight, I Am The One (High/Dark Fantasy version are both good, Dark is of course, in the Minor key.)

So, how did Inon Zur fare this time round in Dragon Age II? If I may say so, pretty awesome! The one I can't get myself to stop listening is this one:

My iTunes tells me I have listened to this at least 133 times. I think the reason I am addicted to this is because one, I love it when people sing well in a language I can't comprehend. (They could be singing about the wart on their foot for all I know.) Two, the melody appeals to me. I like tunes that have a melancholy feel to it. Well, it's certainly earned a spot on my top 25 most listened playlist.

Other tunes that are catching up to a 100 runs are:
-Tavern Music (It reminds me so much of Chrono Cross! Ah, how I spent my rebellious phase exploring the 2 worlds!)
-Forever War
-Rogue Heart (This is a upgrade of the romance melody in the main Dragon Age game, and a much better remake. The first one made me wince.)
-Fenris Theme A gentler version of Mage's Pride. I could fall asleep smiling listening to this, but I have to admit, Fenris is much too broody to have this as his theme. Haha!

And to end this post, here's a picture of Inon Zur:

Cheerios peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment