Wednesday 27 April 2011

I love Melissa

No, I did not have a revelation and changed my sexual orientation. My spanking-new-but-goddamned-expensive-yet-oh-so-yummeh shoes just arrived this morning, by this not-so-common-brand (back here on our sunny little isle anyway) called Melissa.

I walk a lot for my work as I prefer to hoof it for 15 mins rather than wait for a bus for 20. But maybe it is the way I walk or bad luck in buying shoes, they either give me blisters, or they give out within a month. I have bought Mitju flats (gave out), Charles & Keith flats (blister), DMK flats (blister), Vinci/VNC flats (gave out), BATA flats (blister) and many more with the same results.

I read about Melissa shoes sometime ago in a magazine and there were many fake jelly/rubber shoes in the market once but they gave out also (though at a much slower rate). Fed up, I decided to buy the real thing in hopes I won't have to change shoes for the rest of the year.

Other shoes I am salivating over is the Vivienne Westwood Skyscraper in red and the Cameo Flat in Smoke.






I haven't yet seen a glue/sew line so I shall assume it was made from a single piece of plastic. And there was no plastic smell, in fact, it smells like candy! Lulz!

Planning to break it in by dropping by Bras Basah for a bit for Copic refills. With any luck, I can get back to doodling over the next few weeks. (I love school exam season!)

Cheerios peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment