Friday 25 May 2012

Diablo deflates

M's final impression of Diablo.

It sucks! Blizzard, kindly hire whirlpooled to be your story writer to save gamers like me who spent hours for the story from the most anti-climatic ending ever.

*SPOILER ALERT*

There are so many loose ends and the ending's so ridiculously happy, it makes no sense! One of the major characters is never mentioned again, they didn't even spend half a minute to show what happened after. All we get is Heaven is saved. The ruins that was Heaven was restored to its former glory, Diablo plummets from Heaven and is scattered into a gazillion bits of ashes, Tyrael is back in Heaven as Wisdom, but is still mortal.

What about Leah? What about my character? What about Imperius? What about the siege survivors? And the little boy emperor? Is he dead? What about the citizens of Caldeum? Are they still in the sewers? Surely after surviving a million monsters pouring out of Arreat, the villagers there deserve a foot note?

All I got to see was a pretty city and Tyrael's feet.

Nice.

Anyway, I lagged out my game to high heaven and had to get my cousin to save my ass from Diablo. Tried to take screenshots but lag + clicking + pressing ctrl-shift-3 is no fun. Only managed to grab 2. Time for me to try the Demon Hunter class and fool around in Nightmare mode until Blizzard comes up with a Mac patch.

Word of advice, Blizzard. Just fork out money and hire W. You'll make gamers like me loyal fans in a heartbeat. Nothing grabs hold of a person's heart like a great story that you will love to play 4 (Normal, Nightmare, Hell, Inferno, was it?) times over with 5 different classes. This? I think after fiddling with the Demon Hunter, I'll be done.



And I liked Leah, stupid Blizzard!

No comments:

Post a Comment