Wednesday 16 May 2012

Diablo III

M here again, now to give my first impressions of Diablo III.

And my first impression?

It sucks!

Wait wait wait, before I get stoned to death by the sea of rabid fans, allow me to explain why. Think about this, why are MMORPGs popular? I mean, millions of people play these games, the story is usually very simple to provide the scene in which your adventures happen. The graphics can be good, but a lot of time, console games have much better graphics. So why is this genre so darned popular? To me, two words:

Interaction and Customization. Customization!

I played a few MMORPGs before and if that game had a mage/wizard class, it was always my first choice for the first run of the game. Gaming is always a quick escape from reality and nothing is more detached from reality than throwing fireballs willy nilly and seeing everything explode around you. But customization is always key to me. I love having the option of choosing which skills to upgrade, which stats to concentrate my points on. I tend to lean towards creating a mage who kicks ass with skills but with her low health, has to hide behind a tank or start running when mobs come after her.

Diablo III offers ZERO customization. The only thing you can choose is weapons/armor to put on your character, but skills? Nada, you earn new skills as you level up, and EVERYONE has those same skills.

OMG HOW LAME IS THAT?!

At most you can choose which skills to put in your battle slots and maybe tweak it with a rune but EVERYONE HAS THE SAME SKILL SET!

*Insert epic face palm*

While everything else was okay, (I was too busy twacking mobs to talk to my cousin who was in a party with me) and the story was fairly generic, (Diabolic Diablo's deranged kin is here to take over the world, you get the drift) I realized everyone in the game seemed to be in a hurry to finish it. So I hopped out of the party and started running through the game solo, simply because I had no idea what the other dudes were doing, they were completing quests at the speed of light, while I was trying to figure out why the hell I was here in the first place.

Apparently, some Koreans finished the game in 6 hours, yep, a game that took 10 years to make, they got it down in 6. I think I'll take a week to run through it, simply because I need my story to know what to do. LOL.

Back to Diablo, hopefully they have the servers up now, (yep it crashed, not surprising, considering how many people are playing it at the same time, but it's always amusing to go to Diablo's forums to look at the peeps whining about dead servers.) Yes, I know I said Diablo sucks, but I'm not gonna waste my money after playing only 4 hours, Imma at least run through the game with ALL the classes before I am satisfied.


OCD remember?

Oh, if anyone wants a party, my battletag is moonstone#6465


M signing off!

1 comment:

  1. battletag noted friend. ahhahaa! i won't play this devil's game, i will be addicted!

    ReplyDelete